Saturday 9 March 2019

My Wife Thinks I'm Immature! What Steps Can Help Change This

"Swimming," I said, "is okay but only if it's lap swimming. Going to the pool for free-swim" I continued, "is not a goal to work toward and it doesn't really help you to become a good swimmer." Very quickly, both agreed to lap swimming as an activity which we would pursue on a daily basis. Also discussed were their suggestions for reading and piano practice, particularly in the area of how long per day each would be pursued. After a serious discussion on the accountability we would each have to each other as well as the consequences for our failure to live up to the program, we agreed to move forward with our own plan of summer activities.

The following day, Tuesday, was spent by the girls reading and playing the piano in the morning while I was able to complete some work in my office. Then, at about noon, we left for the neighborhood pool which was open for long-course lap swimming. Seeing the girls, the lifeguard thought it necessary to remind me that the pool was reserved only for lap swimming. Proudly, I told her "that's what we're here for."

Kristen actually swam a number of lengths with a level of proficiency I never realized she possessed while Laura, with a kickboard, steadily kicked back and forth while I swam my own laps. We returned home, and the girls seemed to have a reserved sense of enthusiasm for all the swimming they had done and after a light lunch we each retreated to our own worlds--me going back to my office while the girls alternated between reading and practicing piano, more practicing than I had ever witnessed in three years of lessons!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blood in Stool - Why You Shouldn't Fear it!

Using a colon cleanser can often eliminate the bacteria in your colon and can cause problems. No dangerous side effects compared with laxat...